Today's class my lovely lecturer,misz zue lect us about reading..
How to be a good readers and definitely to prevent waste time concentrate to the only one question which is we don't know the meaning..!
ok,let me show u how to be a good readers! jeng2 :P
What's techniques u will use in exam?
Let me guess..read n try to understand each words??
We have no time to understand each words dear!
so,i have some tips to u all!! tadaaa~~
continue read la!! aiyoyo!!
In exam we have 2 types of comprehension,i guess..Errr..Maybe! OMG!! Why i'm totally forgot??
Err.. Forget it..Lets continue..
- usually in essay n pharagraph
-we need to use skimming technique
What is skimming??
- This is a reading skill employed to obtain the general idea of a text,to find out the writer's point of view and to see how to contents in a passage are arrange.
- When a text or a passage is too long and we have limited amount of time,we use this reading technique.
- The speed in which we read is three or four times faster than the speed of normal reading.
- when skimming,look for key words and phrases,the headlings or sub-headlings for the general idea of the passage.
- In short,directly look to main idea and search to it.
-usually in table,graph,chart or point
-we need to use scanning technique.
What is scanning??
- This is a selective reading skills to locate facts and asnwers to specific questions.
- To save time you do not read every word on the page.
- You can scan a timetable,pages of a dictionary,charts,tables etc.